I HAVENT FAILED, I HAVE JUST FOUND A 100 WAYS THAT DONT WORK....


Tuesday, June 21, 2011

That Little Thing Called LOVE

Fictional characters come to mind a lot of times when I think of love.
From great amazing beyond fake never going to happen examples like Allie and Noah from the Notebook to more re-lateable flip flop misery love situations like Carrie and Big from Sex and the City. You can help but wonder...is love fake. Or like that old song says "Where is the love"!?!

I find myself in more situations like Carrie and Big then like Allie and Noah. And I cant tell you how many times Ive heard the same or worse from one of my girlfriends about the guys they date. Where are the Allie and Noah relationships? Are they out there or do us women sabotage them? In part I believe both. They are hardly any close to the Notebook romance but the few once in a lifetime ones that come along I think we usually mess up because we just got out of a Carrie and Big relationship so we think we don't deserve the Allie and Noah relationship. Messed up isn't it?

As all of these fake fictional characters swarm in my head I came along a little encouragement. Once again none my own but maybe one day I will be a wise wise lady beyond my age and have all the words to pass along like I long to hear.

The passage I was reading was asking what area of your life needed a make over.
What areas are lacking or just plain ugly?

It said if we go to our mirror, the Word of God, we see that we don't look good wearing bitterness, unforgiveness, anger or jealousy. First Peter 2:1 also tells us what not to wear: envy, deceit, hypocrisy, slander and malice. But in Colossians 3:12, we are told what to wear: "Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."


Today, remember, God has a wonderful plan for your life. He wants to transform you into His image. He makes all things new, and He makes all things beautiful. Submitting to Him and letting go of the old isn't always easy, but it is always worth it. Trust that He is at work in your life doing exceedingly abundantly above what you could ever imagine. Receive His everlasting love today as you cloth yourself with Him.

to everlasting love from the Father and who he has for us
always yours,
CLC

No comments:

Post a Comment