I HAVENT FAILED, I HAVE JUST FOUND A 100 WAYS THAT DONT WORK....


Sunday, August 7, 2011

Dream On...

Taller, thinner, smarter, funnier, good hair, more money...you name it and I have wished I had it. From Harry Potter to Carrie Bradshaw I have wished I had someone else life or someone else opportunities. Whether it be someone else life, a successful friends position, or even a complete stranger "glamours" life I have wanted it all. I know I am not the only one who suffers from the "I wishes" and "I wants" and "if only's"....I wonder what God thinks when he sees his children thinking "I wish I had a life like so and so". I think he winces every time we say it.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a FUTURE.

Jeremiah 1:4 Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.

He knew us before we ever came to be. He invited all of the cool shows or that cool person you are sitting by wishing you were them, don't you think he loved you enough to make you unique and cool all on your own without having to be or act like anyone else? He knows us all individually down to the number of hair's on our heads. If God had a refrigerator YOUR picture would be on it! If he had a wallet YOUR picture would be in it! If he had a desk once again YOUR picture would be on it in the center. He is crazy about you and loves you SO much that he sent his only son to die for us so that we may have a choice to live eternally. LOVE doesn't get much better than that. It’s easy to compare our self to others. It’s easy to get caught up in wanting what other people have. It’s easy to believe that someone else is living a more glamorous life then us. It’s also important to face ourselves; to really face our life. God has a great plan for your life that is tailor made just for you, so don’t face someone else’s plan, face your own. Face in God’s direction and believe in him for your fabulous life.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well!



fearfully and wonderfully made
CLC

No comments:

Post a Comment