I HAVENT FAILED, I HAVE JUST FOUND A 100 WAYS THAT DONT WORK....


Monday, August 1, 2011

Circles

i feel like life is nothing but a big cycle right now and my number one goal is to break this cycle. there is this desire for me to go sit at the airport pretending like i have somewhere to go. to feel like i know my destination and that in a matter of hours i will reach it. just to sit and watch the people traveling, sipping starbucks and moving along in life. that's how i feel now. im stuck at a terminal and dont know where i am going and everyone around me is "catching their flights" making connections and moving along in life. i feel like i have been sedetary for too long. in my mind all i can think of is what i could be doing. something needs to change. im not saying i am completely unhappy..im just unsettled.

Joel Osteen's Daily Devotion:

Not long ago, we were at the airport traveling for an event and needed to make a connecting flight. We didn't have much time, so we were rushing through the terminal trying to dodge all the people with a smile on our faces so we could make our connection. You probably already know that there's nothing fun at all about missing a flight, and my heart was racing as we hurried to our gate. Well, we finally arrived not knowing what to expect, and lo and behold, our plane had been delayed. There we were with all the other passengers just sitting at the gate. I was so relieved we didn't miss our flight that I just took a deep breath and let my bags fall to the floor. In that moment, I thought about the scripture that says, "Come to Me all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." I could just hear Jesus saying to us all, "Come over here, take a deep breath and set your bags down. Just let them go and exhale! Find rest in Me."


If you've been rushing through life anxious and worried that you are going to miss something, frustrated because there are obstacles in your way, and tired because you've been carrying a heavy load, today the Father invites you to set your bags down and rest. He wants to refresh and revive you. He wants to renew your strength like the eagle and restore your soul. He's not anxious about your future. He's going to make sure that you are in the right place at the right time. He's not going to let you miss His wonderful plan when you submit your ways to Him. Today, take a deep breath, let go of your burdens, and enjoy sweet fellowship with Him.


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28, NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment